Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Practicum

So I am in the final weeks of my internship at the medical examiner's office. I will finish at the end of this month. Last month I worked in the morgue assisting where I could in autopsies and I was able to go on four separate scenes with a couple of the Death Investigators. It was extremely exciting and very educational. I decided to spend time in the toxicology lab for the rest of my internship which is where I am now. I figured it was a good idea since that is what my degree actually focuses on and I am more qualified for a position in toxicology. With the job market being what it is at the moment, I thought it a good idea to keep my options open. Even though it isn't what I want to do, I figure it would give me something to fall back on in the event that I am unable to find a position in my field. It is extremely hard to get positions in the Anthrology field due to the fact that there aren't a ton of positions and they generally only come available to PhD holders and only in the event that someone dies. However, that will be a strong possibility soon enough since all the top professionals in anthropology are about a hundred plus years old. Oh well, we'll see. Love you all bunches!!! Hope you are having a wonderful summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment