Sunday, January 3, 2010
I hope everyone had a great holiday season. I was able to spend the 23th of December with Mom's family. That was kind of crazy. For those of you who don't know, we play dirty santa for Christmas instead of buying everyone a gift. Chris came down and joined in the insanity. It was our first Christmas together. After the festivities were over we hoped in our respective cars and took off for Wichita in hopes to beat the bad weather. Lucky for us we did! We spent Christmas Eve with Chris's father. There was a huge party. His dad's birthday is Christmas Eve so they have a celebration then and Christmas is kind of an after thought the next day. It's kind of strange. New to me at least. We were able to spend some time with his mother on Christmas Day. Between the two places I felt like a blood relative. I'm so spoiled. I love it! After the holidays Chris and I were able to spend some much needed quality time together. We went on a couple of double dates with some of our married friends. We were able to catch up on some movies as well. We went and saw Sherlock Holmes. If you haven't seen it DO! Very Good. Can't wait for the sequel that I'm sure will happen. Unfortunately, we didn't get a chance Avatar, Ninja Assasin, or It's Complicated (not that Chris thought the last was such a loss). Anyway, we had alot of fun. I can't wait till I graduate and we can hang out all the time like before. It's awesome to be dating my best friend but not so awesome to have to be 200 miles away all the time. Of course, I have to say in comparison to the 700 miles when he lived in Nashville, 200 doesn't seem quite so bad. I am however enjoying living with my mom again. (most of the time) We have our moments here and there but it's alot of fun hanging out with her and Tom. He's such a nice guy and he's really good to both of us which is a nice change of pace. Mom and Tom have agreed to let me work out with them now as well. That means hopefully, in the next few months, I should be getting back into good shape. I've been a little down on myself lately and I really think getting in shape will help that alot. Chris is suppose to start trying to do the same and I really hope he and I can get a good start on living healthy. If he can get on a good track too, it will be alot easy for me later if we move in together after I graduate but either way I have got to get better about my eating habits again and stop letting the people around me dictate alot of my eating habits. As a college student, it gets hard to eat right when all the people around you are eating junk food and crap all day long. Unfortunately, alot of the people I hang out with in Oklahoma are not very healthy and have no intention of trying to be. They eat out quite a bit which adds up in pounds and money for me neither of which I need! Maybe if I get in shape though my example might rub off on them some. Well, I love you all and I will right again when I get the chance. Classes begin on the 11th of January.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment